Software for Future High Performance Computing
The ExaScience Lab develops software for High Performance Computing or HPC. This software will run on future exascale computer systems, delivering 1,000 times the performance of today’s fastest supercomputers. The lab is a unique collaboration between Imec, Intel and five Flemish universities.
Breakthroughs in exascale computing could mean the ability to simulate very complex systems, impossible to replicate today like the human body or Earth’s climate. The result, if the computing industry is successful, could mean finding cures for diseases or better predicting natural disasters. The Flanders ExaScience Lab will be focused at enabling scientific applications, beginning with the simulation and prediction of space weather or electromagnetic activity in the space surrounding Earth’s atmosphere.
Read the full press release.
- Best paper award at ISPASS for Multi-Threaded Sampling paper
- PRACE Preparatory Access Grant Obtained
- High-Level Strategies for Parallel Shared-Memory Sparse Matrix-Vector Multiplication: available for reading and downloading !
- Seminar on “Software Visualization” by Michele Lanza (University of Lugano)
- Sniper 4.0 release and upcoming Sniper tutorials