On Friday 4 May 2012, from 9:30 – 12:00, the ExaScience Lab will organize a PEANO Workshop in collaboration with the developers of the PEANO framework. The venue of the workshop is imec – Container A. Guests from outside the lab are welcome and have to present themselves at the imec Reception desk. The event is free of charge, but you have to confirm your attendance by sending a mail to bartverleyecskuleuvenbe, indicating the number of persons that will attend.
Peano is an open source PDE solver framework developed at Technische Universität München. It is based upon the fact that spacetrees, a generalisation of the classical octree concept, yield a cascade of adaptive Cartesian grids.
The goal of the workshop is to give an understanding of the PEANO framework and what can be accomplished when adopting it.
In the first part of the workshop three PEANO developers will present the framework, and the simulations they run. In the second part, people from the Intel Exascience lab will present their implementation of a parallel CG solver, a Particle in Cell solver and a Maxwell solver with PEANO.
- Best paper award at ISPASS for Multi-Threaded Sampling paper
- PRACE Preparatory Access Grant Obtained
- High-Level Strategies for Parallel Shared-Memory Sparse Matrix-Vector Multiplication: available for reading and downloading !
- Seminar on “Software Visualization” by Michele Lanza (University of Lugano)
- Sniper 4.0 release and upcoming Sniper tutorials